Monday 21 December 2009

Copenhagen Blues


I have been out meeting friends pre Xmas and managed to see the 3D version of 'Nightmare before Christmas' today at the NFT/BFI on the South Bank. However, this has helped to stave off the deep, deep sense of depression I have felt following the Copenhagen conference and the real sense of disillusionment and anger which I have felt about it. I have read the pathetic attempts at spin put out by John Prescott and others which are complete rubbish. I cannot do any better than say that I agree with everything which Joss Garman the eco activist has written in this piece for the Independent. As a historian, I have a terrible sense of having witnessed a second Versailles conference where all the mistakes have been made and the consequences for history ignored.


A real opportunity has been lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment